Ground Breaking Ceremony - Port Adelaide State Government Office
28 Feb 2017
Building works officially commenced on epc.Pacific’s latest Adelaide office development, the new Government Services Office building in Port Adelaide, with a Ground Breaking ceremony taking place on Friday 4th February 2017.
epc.Pacific were joined by head contractor, Hansen Yuncken and senior State Government officials including the Minister for the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, Stephen Mullighan, Minister Susan Close and Mayor Gary Johanson to formally turn the “first sod”, marking the commencement of construction.
The new building, wholly leased to the State Government, is located on Nile Street, Port Adelaide and will house more than 500 team members from the Department of Premier and Urban Renewal South Australia. The development is the catalyst project in the revitalisation of the Port and is set to grow the Port’s daytime economy whilst supporting construction activity and employment.
The $45 million project will improve the vibrancy of Port Adelaide and provide an economic boost to local businesses, in keeping with the Government’s, Our Port policy. The building will consist of; ground floor retail spaces, two levels of car parking accommodating 142 cars and three levels of office accommodation.
“epc.Pacific is delighted to be continuing our development and investment activity in Adelaide and to be working in partnership with the State Government,” stated Patrick Smith, Managing Director of epc.Pacific.
“The ‘next generation’ building has been designed to sympathetically integrate and respect the heritage and surrounding streetscape. Considerable emphasis has also been focussed on maximising building efficiency whilst providing exceptional occupant amenity and flexibility. The building will achieve a minimum 5 Star ‘Green Star’ and ‘NABERS’ design ratings.”
“The epc.Pacific team is excited to be launching this critical and transformational phase in the Urban Renewal of Port Adelaide whilst adding value to each and every stakeholder of the project.’ said Mr Smith.
The project is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2018.
- Port Adelaide State Government Office Completion Time Lapse
- Revitalising the City of Port Adelaide - Topping Out Ceremony
- A time-lapse marks completion of substructure works at Port Adelaide’s newest development.
- Hampton Station Precinct - Town Planning Application Lodged
- Local Team Appointed for Ipswich Council Administration Building
- Ipswich City Centre Re Vitalisation
- HAVE YOUR SAY - Hampton Station Precinct
- Awarded Port Adelaide Government Office
- epc.Pacific awarded $150 Million Ipswich Urban Regeneration
- $400 Million Sale for Rundle Place
- ATO Achieve's 6 Star First
- 80 Grenfell Street - Awarded Sustainability 'Trifecta'
- epc.Pacific Awarded Development Rights for Urban Regeneration for Hampton Station Precinct