Awarded Port Adelaide Government Office
20 May 2016
A State Government office development to grow the Port Adelaide precinct is another step closer with the tender to design and develop the building awarded to developer epc.Pacific following a highly contested national bid process.
Construction of the building is expected to begin within months and will support about 275 jobs.
In line with the Government’s Our Port policy, the building will accommodate more than 500 public servants, improving the vibrancy of the precinct and providing an economic boost to local businesses.
The building will be constructed at the corner of Nile and Robe streets, subject to approval by the Development Assessment Commission.
The building is scheduled to be completed and ready for occupation in early 2018.
Transport and Infrastructure, and Housing and Urban Development Minister, Stephen Mullighan, said 'the State Government has prioritised the renewal of Port Adelaide to return this unique and historic precinct to its former glory and this project will help to further grow and regenerate the area'.
He continued to say 'We are working with the City of Port Adelaide Enfield to create a ‘living port’ which celebrates our rich maritime past while embracing growth. The office accommodation project will bring hundreds of workers to the Port, firstly during construction and then when complete, with more than 500 government employees to move in.'
Patrick Smith, epc.Pacific's Managing Director said 'We are delighted to be continuing our development and investment activity in Adelaide. The “next generation” building will be designed to integrate with the surrounding buildings and streetscape and maximise building efficiency whilst providing exceptional occupant amenity and flexibility'.
The building will achieve a minimum five-star “Greenstar” and “NABERS” design ratings and the team will work hard to exceed benchmarks. Our team is looking forward to launching the next exciting phase in the urban renewal of Port Adelaide and adding value to each stakeholder of the project, for the long term.
- Port Adelaide State Government Office Completion Time Lapse
- Revitalising the City of Port Adelaide - Topping Out Ceremony
- A time-lapse marks completion of substructure works at Port Adelaide’s newest development.
- Hampton Station Precinct - Town Planning Application Lodged
- Local Team Appointed for Ipswich Council Administration Building
- Ground Breaking Ceremony - Port Adelaide State Government Office
- Ipswich City Centre Re Vitalisation
- HAVE YOUR SAY - Hampton Station Precinct
- epc.Pacific awarded $150 Million Ipswich Urban Regeneration
- $400 Million Sale for Rundle Place
- ATO Achieve's 6 Star First
- 80 Grenfell Street - Awarded Sustainability 'Trifecta'
- epc.Pacific Awarded Development Rights for Urban Regeneration for Hampton Station Precinct